Leroy Sane says he will 'bounce back' after Germany omission

Leroy Sane says he will 'bounce back' after Germany omission

World Cup champions Germany have released their 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russian Federation with Manchester City winger, Leroy Sane, the biggest omission.

'That was a very close decision, which was made in favour of Brandt, ' Low explained.

There was shock on Monday when Leroy Sane's name wasn't on Germany's 23-man list for the World Cup.

However, he is not the only unhappy player who has been left out this summer with a host of fellow Premier League stars being omitted by their countries.

Bayer Leverkusen's Julian Brandt is another 22-year-old wide-man but is more in the Low mould, while Julian Draxler, whose career with Paris Saint-Germain has drifted somewhat, is somebody who has proven his pedigree at global level, notably at the Confederations Cup a year ago.

For those of you who might not remember, Donovan, then the United States' all-time leading scorer, was shockingly left off the plane for the World Cup in South Africa four years ago by Low's former boss Jurgen Klinsmann. Leroy has a huge talent.




Freiburg's Nils Petersen and Bayer Leverkusen duo Bernd Leno and Jonathan Tah also miss out. "He will be back again from Sept", Low said.

"I'm obviously disappointed I won't participate in the World Cup", he wrote.

'Thank you so much everyone for your encouraging messages yesterday and today, ' he said on Instagram.

Sane, capped 12 times by Germany so far, added: "Nothing but the best of success to the DFB team in Russian Federation". The 22-year-old will now go on holiday and will have a full pre-season ready for the defence of the Premier League title. He had not arrived in worldwide matches yet.

In his 12 appearances for Germany, six of which have come as a starter, he has managed only one assist and is yet to score a goal.

Related Articles