#MeToo setback: No LA sex charges for Spacey, Seagal, Anderson

#MeToo setback: No LA sex charges for Spacey, Seagal, Anderson

Spacey, the Oscar-winning star of American Beauty, is one of dozens of men in the entertainment industry and politics who have been accused of sexual misconduct in the past 10 months, partly as a result of the #MeToo social media movement.

The case remains under review, prosecutors said.

The District Attorney's office said in a charge evaluation sheet released on Tuesday that the allegation was outside the statue of limitations and that prosecution had been declined. He strongly denied the allegation.

Clockwise from left to right: Anthony Anderson, Steven Seagal and Kevin Spacey.

Anderson "unequivocally disputes the claim" against him, and authorities have not contacted him about it, a representative for the actor said in a statement.




The special task force established by Lacey last fall to center on Hollywood allegations first announced on August 9 that they had been handed the file on Seagal and Anderson. The district attorney's office added that the case did not involve an underage victim. A sexual battery allegation from 2016 in Malibu is still under review by the district attorney. That makes it too old to prosecute under the relevant penal code at the time.

Spacey and Seagal are facing potential charges in other cases now under investigation.

Spacey's publicist in November said the two-time Oscar victor, who has been accused of sexual misconduct by more than a dozen men and boys, was "taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment".

The action star was accused earlier this year by two women of sexual assault and rape. Spacey apologized for any inappropriate conduct with Rapp but has not commented since and has stepped away from public life. His film Billionaire Boys Club flopped, he was sacked from Netflix drama House Of Cards and erased from Sir Ridley Scott's All The Money In The World.

Related Articles